C3 Aircross Cruise control....and other things

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
-VJ-

Post by -VJ- »

I examined it today. When I drive with cruise control on, pressing clutch pedal and hold it down changes cruise control to pause after 5 seconds.
C3 Aircross Shine 1,5 BlueHDI 100 "Pull me over red", Tornio, Finland

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

So you are saying that a quick gearchange doesn't disengage the cruise, though Sperry contradicted his initial reply saying that changing gear didn't but clutch action does, that gives the impression that you don't use the clutch to change gear. Though vj replied that you have to hold the clutch down for 5secs plus to disengage the cruise.
This is s departure from the way it used to work.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
srperry

Post by srperry »

Beanee687 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:36 pm So you are saying that a quick gearchange doesn't disengage the cruise, though Sperry contradicted his initial reply saying that changing gear didn't but clutch action does, that gives the impression that you don't use the clutch to change gear. Though vj replied that you have to hold the clutch down for 5secs plus to disengage the cruise.
This is s departure from the way it used to work.
I made a mistake in the reply you quoted - depressing the clutch does NOT disengage cruise control in my C5 Aircross; I never ride the clutch as I prefer it unburnt so I can't say whether it would do so after an extended clutch pedal press. Certainly gear changes up or down leave cruise control alone unless the brakes are used.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience