C3 Aircross: revs when clutch pressed in?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
lucy72

Post by lucy72 »

Hello all,
Just wondering whether anyone has had any experience with revs occurring when the clutch is press down? And no I don't have the the mat stuck :D
We have had our C3 Aircross (82 Feel) for nearly 2 years. Surely the clutch shouldn't be going in such a short time? Just wondering whether it's a known fault or anyone has any advice before I get in touch with Citroen. We had our previous car (fiat punto) for 12 years and didn't have any trouble with the clutch in the whole time, so surely it's not our driving style. It does it going up and down gears, sometime just a bit and sometimes loads.
Any input/tips/thoughts would be hugely appreciated. Many thanks in advance. Cheers Lucy

JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi Lucy, not sure if this helps but I remember coming across this last year when searching for reviews etc. (ours is an auto so can't comment, but haven't heard anything about it being a common problem)

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/busi ... 3-12204158
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

What do you mean by revving? On our C3, the revs rise slightly when you press the clutch. With the electronics fitted nowadays it is probably done to make driving easier and to reduce stalling.
lucy72

Post by lucy72 »

Hiya. Thanks JohnB for your reply, that makes for a very interesting read. Will do a bit more research on it. Cheers.

Thanks routemaster1for your reply. Well it seems to differ all the time. Sometimes a little rise but sometimes a surge that goes all the way to 4! This can happen changing up and down gears. Mmmmm... think I might have to check it into the garage for a review and see what they think. I've got a horrible feeling that Citroen will say 'wear and tear' and I'm seriously worried about getting a £1000 + bill. I'm really not happy about a clutch going after 14,000 miles. (If that's what it is) on a brand new car. Maybe I should go back to old bangers!
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Just a silly thought. As the cruise control does not switch off when you change gear, could it be that in a slow change the cruise tries to accelerate, but as the clutch is disengaged the revs rise. In the unlikely chance that this is the issue, it seems like a warranty job. I don't see how an issue like this ca be wear and tear.
Mick p

Post by Mick p »

It's a "anti stall"helps you pull away without stalling our ford transits do the same
jacker453

Post by jacker453 »

Lucy72 - please may I ask what was the outcome after you checked your C3 Aircross into the garage for an investigation? Our C3 Aircross is experiencing similar problems with regards to the clutch, and again only sometimes. Thanks in advance.
Ianbhenderson73

Post by Ianbhenderson73 »

I noticed this as well. The revs increase from a standard idle (circa 750) to about 1100. I’d always assumed it was an anti stall device.

I would say that if your car is going to 4K RPM when you depress the clutch, that’s a problem: I also own an 82 Feel, which I bought new just before the next plate came out and I don’t even hit 4K at 70mph in fifth gear.

Some else commented that the cruise control doesn’t disengage when you change gear. That hasn’t been my experience - I tend to use cruise control in town (4th gear/30mph) or once I’m in 5th gear on motorways.

One thing I have noticed, and I don’t think I’m alone in this: the speedometer (which is fully electronic) seems to register a slightly higher speed than what I’m actually doing. So if I drive past an automated speed check sign at 30 it tells me I’m doing 27/28 mph. Similarly, if I have SatNav on (Waze tells me what speed I’m doing) it also tells me 28 when the clock says 30. It isn’t a problem, I’m just curious.