Android Auto issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

As many types of Citroen have Android Auto, allowing display of Google Maps as a satnav, I thought it worthwhile to post about a problem I had with our C3.

I started using Android Auto about 6 months ago using a Samsung phone. Whilst driving on the continent one day the satnav screen suddenly went blank. All other screen functions worked properly. Satnav didn't work again for several days, then the screen rebooted and it worked again. After another couple of failures and coming back it failed and had not worked for a couple of months.

I finally decided it was time to take it to Citroen, who, after a couple of attempts told me the issue was likely to be my lead, and I should be using a genuine Samsung one. I thought this dubious as it had worked for quite a time with the lead I was using. But I managed to find a couple of Samsung usb leads, and the problem was solved.

I haven't seen anyone on this forum with the issue, but maybe someone will read this and find it useful.

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

On a slightly different subject I had a similar issue when trying to transfer some music to a Samsung phone. It wouldn't work properly (very slow and missed some tracks) until I dug out a genuine Samsung lead. Must be something in the wiring with the non genuine lead which doesn't support all functions consistantly.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.