Speed reader/recommendation

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Coconutbutt88

Post by Coconutbutt88 »

Hi, this probably has a really obvious answer but my speed reader only ever shows 'max'. Is there something I'm not doing or haven't got turned on?

Thanks

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Sorry, don't understand what you mean by "speed reader".
Also what vehicle is it. C3 Aircross or C5 Aircross?
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
Coconutbutt88

Post by Coconutbutt88 »

Hi, sorry I have the c3 aircross and it has a function that reads speed signs and shows on your dash what the speed limit is - however like I said it only ever shows max and no specific numbers
Korber

Post by Korber »

-Make sure that the thumbwheel on the steering mounted cruise/limit control is set to "0", it seems that you have it to "limit"
-Press the button located at the end of the wiper control stack (or the the left thumbwheel on the steering wheel) repeatedly until "speed info" appears under the current speed indication. If the car has recognized a speed sign the speed limit will appear, if not, dashes appear till the first speed sign you wil meet.
See page 135 of the manual for all the details.
C3 aircross 110 BVM6 Shine.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

The 'MAX' doesn't change. I wish it would disappear when you aren't using the speed limiter or cruise but it stays there all the time. When you use these functions, a little arrow goes from the Max to the selected speed. I don't really see the point of it at all.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.