Stop,start does not work

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
nigellinda

Post by nigellinda »

:) Hi I have had my citroen C 5 aircross 1.6 flair plus for 7 weeks now in all that time my stop ,start has only worked twice. I have done about 1300 miles.To get my stop start to work I have to drive over 40 miles.It has spent 2 days in citroen garage and they say it is working as it should.I do a regular journey of 7 miles and get stuck at train crossings gates often sitting for 6 - 7 minutes so I have to put car in park stop engine which means my radio and dash go off which,I know I can get radio and dash back on by press start with my feet off brakes but it cannot be right it is most annoying.Ihave my windows open and A/C off to me this does not seem right.

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Does sound like a problem somewhere. I have covered 5000 miles in mine and it works faultlessly. From my house to the main road is about 200 yards. Even from a cold engine it will activate at the main road, less than 20 seconds of driving.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
nigellinda

Post by nigellinda »

The garage said my stop start is working as it should but I do not believe that is right so what can I do.My last 2 cars I have had over the last 6 years non Citroen both work like you said stop start within 200 yards.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Show them this post.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
Richc2005

Post by Richc2005 »

I agree that it sounds like a fault - this is my second car with stop start and this works better than the previous; not so temperamental when the A/C is on.
C5 Aircross 1.2 Flair Polar White
nigellinda

Post by nigellinda »

Going back into citroen dealer already been in for two days they say no faults.
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

Düring the passt 3 days my ss does not work due to high temperatures (almost 40 degr)
When i try to override by the switch i do get a temperature warning.
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Hi rdeknegt,
I had the same thing in 38 degrees. There is so much more power needed from the battery to get the temperature down with the air-con the Stop/Start deactivates to prevent too much drain on the battery.
Deleted User 365

Post by Deleted User 365 »

Handy Andy wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:00 am Hi rdeknegt,
I had the same thing in 38 degrees. There is so much more power needed from the battery to get the temperature down with the air-con the Stop/Start deactivates to prevent too much drain on the battery.
Exactly right - my C4 Picasso (14 plate) operated in exactly the same way. Stop/start is bypassed if the battery is not fully charged i.e. in hot weather or when undertaking short journeys. The dashboard indicator light (a green "A" with a ring around it) flashes briefly to show this condition.
nigellinda

Post by nigellinda »

I drove 150 miles yesterday no a/c on windows open,s s work for a while after 50 miles did not work after that. I have driven 17 miles this morning windows and sun roof open, stop/ start has not work once. Going back into garage next week.