Stop,start does not work

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
nigellinda

Post by nigellinda »

Hi just had to call out RAC car will not start, battery fully charged just will not start,I hope this is not life with a Citroen!

Richc2005

Post by Richc2005 »

Did RAC get it going ok and did they say what the fault was?
C5 Aircross 1.2 Flair Polar White
nigellinda

Post by nigellinda »

Still in garage do not know what is wrong.
Korber

Post by Korber »

With a temperature of 40°C today, SS was not working.
Perhaps not only battery condition, but also battery temperature is a limiting factor.
C3 aircross 110 BVM6 Shine.
nigellinda

Post by nigellinda »

Got car back yesterday they still do not know why it would not start.SS still not working,they are writing to citroen tech to see if they have an answer, will take up to 3 weeks for reply I will let you know when I hear.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

My guess s that like on mine, the battery is duff. If they can't find an issue, take it to another dealer.
nigellinda

Post by nigellinda »

Hi I have just heard back from citroen regarding my stop start. It appears that you can not have the stop start system working and the interior fan on, not aircon just the interior fan. So it seems you can either have air in the car from fan on,or you can have the fan off and stop start working but not both I wish I new this before I got car.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

My guess is poor battery.

EDIT. Apologies, didn't remember my previous post.
Last edited by routemaster1 on Sat Aug 31, 2019 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
srperry

Post by srperry »

My stop-start works with climate control on; if there isn't enough battery the engine restarts after a minute or so.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

It shouldn't matter what is on, it is the load on the electrical system and the condition of the battery that determine whether the stop start works. The condition of the battery could be down to alternator issues. Our C4 Picasso, or new C3 and the one which was written off all functioned correctly with the aircon on, and when the C4 Picasso stopped working, a new battery sorted it. We operate the aircon on auto, and switch it off when not required, leaving the auto to run the fan, again no issue