C3 Aircross, engine warning

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
MrCanary

Post by MrCanary »

For other members info...
C3 Aircross Flair, petrol automatic, 7 weeks old, 1,000 miles.
Driving yesterday when I got a warning sound, an engine symbol displayed and the warning, 'Engine fault, Repair needed'.
Phoned my local dealer, told to drive there straightaway and car checked. Told it needed a replacement pipe of some sort and I could not drive it until it was fixed.
Does anyone have any idea what this is?

Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Not a clue but let us know if you find out. If it didn't affect the engine or driving it's probably something like a tube connectiong an air pressure sensor or something.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
MrT

Post by MrT »

No idea what it is, but I literally just had this warning come up half an hour ago. Mine is a C3 Aircross Flare 110 manual, had it since January with around 4000 miles on it. Going to call the dealer in the morning.

For me it happened after a 20 min drive, then stopped for half an hour. Started the engine again and it caught then cut out. Tried to start again and it seemed almost like the battery was dead... Almost catching but not quite. Tried to give it a bit of gas and the engine light came on and it died again. Started properly on my next try, but engine light stayed on, so I limped it home as I was only 5 mins away.

Wasn't sure if it was heat related as we've just had the hottest day since the 70s in Edinburgh
MrT

Post by MrT »

Finally got through to the service dept, but they can't see me until tuesday unfortunately. The only further info I have really is from the MyCitroen app which popped up a message in the maintenance tab saying "General Engine Dysfunction. Faulty engine control system"
mitsnj

Post by mitsnj »

hi, we picked up our c3 aircross 110 petrol flair with 18k on the clock, Saturday (22nd feb) by Wednesday we had a engine warning light with the message "engine fault have the vehicle repaired. took back to dealer had it checked over and was told it was a phantom fault code, vehicle codes cleared and test drove and returned to us Thursday evening. come Saturday drove it for 30 mins round the m25 got near home stopped for fuel and low and behold engine light on after re-fuel message "engine fault repair needed and still done have the the car back

i see mrcanary has had a similar issue did the pipe fix work? if so what did they change?
Malekith

Post by Malekith »

Hi
On a visit to a relative i filled up with fuel for the return journey and on returning to the car I got the orange engine warning light and the message engine fault repair needed . Rang Citroen assist and told them I was 160 miles away from home is it OK to drive ,was told that its OK if no other light on
And if another light came on to ring them back .has anyone got to the bottom of this problem?
Aircross C3 Flair (auto) Misty grey with family pack, sunroof, park assist pack and hifi pack.
mike1940

Post by mike1940 »

:shock: Could be any one of sensors.
Had it myself three weeks ago and dealer decoded to find it was the oxygen sensor in exhaust system. Warranty covered it.
Nothing to worry about if icons are yellow. ;)
Malekith

Post by Malekith »

Thanks Mike 1940, thats a bit reassuring
The car did the 160 mile journey with no problems and i rang my dealer this morning.
cant have it done for a month so hopefully it will keep going!
Aircross C3 Flair (auto) Misty grey with family pack, sunroof, park assist pack and hifi pack.
jimbo2012

Post by jimbo2012 »

Hi

Thought I'd post my experience of this.

I have a C3 Aircross Flair 1.2. it has done 40000 miles.

My engine light came on intermittently about 3 mins after setting off from home.

Took it in after a few days and the garage told me it was a timing belt and oil pump problem.

It needed to have both replaced. Luckily it's a warranty job.

I was told it could be driven but only locally short distances.

They said that if it is an orange light then OK to drive with caution. Any red light stop and do not attempt to restart or the engine could be damaged.

Better safe than sorry. Strangely enough it had been problem free until just after it's last service.

Update: After 2 days off the road and replacement timing belt, the problem returned this morning with the same symptoms as before. Now booked in again this week for further investigation. Love the car but I'm losing a bit of faith at the moment.
Last edited by jimbo2012 on Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Worrying this fault occurring at 40,000 miles when they state belt issue now ok but change at 62,000 or 6 years.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey