C3 Aircross, engine warning

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

To reiterate, the cambelt issue only applies to the non-turbocharged 87bhp petrol to to about 2017. If your car is 110bhp or 130bhp and 18 reg this issue should not occur. The change at 62,000 miles belt change, I believe only applies to the cars which fall into the above category, does not apply to any 110 or 130 bhp engines, and should not apply to a second change after the first one has been done. I would also recommend that the change should be done either by Citroen or by someone who sources the belt direct from Citroen as many mechanics may be unaware of the issue.

Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Sorry but jimbo started discussion on a 6 mth old post but Hiboost placed some info a while ago stating that turbo models were affected and also continental had another new timing belt june 2020 with a 5 year guarantee to fit to belt in oil models.
So it would be interesting to know what belt caused the problem since they have had quite a few "improved" belts which should have been changed on service.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

I must apologise. I've got this back to front. It is early turbo issues that have the problem. This is due to shed bits of rubber entering the lubrication system of the pump that supplies vacuum for brake assistance. If the pump fails, brake performance will be reduced. Lowest power versions use a different system, possibly a traditional vacuum servo, so is unaffected.
Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Route master, not sure if its the third or forth belt version to cure fault plus the need to ensure correct oil compatible with belt.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey