C5 Aircross Map Updates system dates

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
srperry

Post by srperry »

Download the Citroen Update App to your PC and use that to download map updates. There are usually 4 per year. I last updated in March 2021.

Your local dealer is misleading you. I've had my C5 Aircross since April 2019, and have updated the maps at least 7 times - and I have also had two system updates in that time.

Hope that helps.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience

JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

Please do be aware that an update of system must be the only software on the usb stick. After completing that, remove the stick and then separately download the map update. The update softwsre will format the stick before saving the map software. These are 2 separate take. Putting the 2 lots of files on the same stick does not update both elements.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
martyness

Post by martyness »

Actually I can confirm that if you put both the nav (screen update) firmware and the map update onto one usb stick it will update the nav (screen) first then ask if you want to update the maps straight after completing the nav (screen) update.

I've done it this way twice in the last 2 months while getting my car updated since the previous owner didn't bother.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

Thanks for that info: certainly a change from what went on previously. I shall try that next time the two updates coincide.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
martyness

Post by martyness »

Instead of using the Citroen update app on the desktop though. Download them manually via the navigation update website (it's also quicker at downloading that way) Unzip both updates then place them both onto the usb yourself.

My understanding is that by using the app it formats the usb for each update therefore only allowing just the one update at a time.
C5 aircross flair plus platinum grey metallic with red inserts