Tyre Pressure Monitor System

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

C5 Aircross

Has anyone removed a tyre to know whether the TPMS is active (as in wheel sensor) or (as C4 Picasso) passive using the ABS measure?
I don't yet have the car so cannot check the type of tyre valve on wheels to give me a clue. I also doubt that any dealers will know either
Many thanks

John
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.

routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

JohnM52 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:57 pm C5 Aircross

Has anyone removed a tyre to know whether the TPMS is active (as in wheel sensor) or (as C4 Picasso) passive using the ABS measure?
I don't yet have the car so cannot check the type of tyre valve on wheels to give me a clue. I also doubt that any dealers will know either
Many thanks

John
As far as I know, all recent Citroens use the ABS system. The valves used are standard rubber ones.
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

Understood, thanks for the info
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol EAT8, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Roof. Now traded for DS7 E Tense.
imaxim

Post by imaxim »

Hi JohnM52!
Is your C5 Aircross with active wheel pressure sensors or passive using the ABS measure?
I bought a new set of wheels and don't know if I need as well the sensors.
I have a C5 Aircross 180 Petrol EAT8.
Thanks!
JohnM52

Post by JohnM52 »

Confirmed that no sensors in tyre.