SatNav in Digital Instrument Panel

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Drummer

Post by Drummer »

Now this may or may not be a tech issue, or just a setting I have yet to find as I have only had the C5 Aircross for a week! In the digi instrument panel the Sat Nav is always in night mode (i.e. dark screen) regardless of the time of day, light activation or what the central screen sat nav is set to display. I am pretty sure that it was showing in day mode to begin with, but not 100%. Do I need to set a route for the digi dash to light up, or do I have an issue?

Cheers

Deleted User 348

Post by Deleted User 348 »

Hi Drummer,
Yes on mine the display is more greyed out when not in Navigation to a destination.
Try setting a route to see if it changes?
The voice recognition is quite good to use for the satnav rather than typing in.
I'm still finding my round with mine after 4 weeks.
A great feature popped up today when I was running low on fuel. The central screen popped up to show where the nearest petrol stations were and appeared to show the price of fuel. However price was petrol and mines diesel! Just need to find if you can choose what it displays somewhere!

Only complaint I would have about mine so far is noise around doors, I think it is the mirrors but not sure.
Shame as it is really quiet otherwise.

Len
Drummer

Post by Drummer »

Hi Len,

Cheers for response. I have used the Nav now and it stayed in night mode in the digi panel. Pretty sure it should switch between day and night as the central screen does. Not a major issue but I'll probably drop Citroen a line.

Drummer
srperry

Post by srperry »

In satnav go to 'menu', 'settings', and on the right of the screen will be a small map with 'map colour' under it. Mine is set to auto and works as expected. If you have a moon next to 'map colour' you have it set to night only. If you have the moon, touch it once to set it to auto. See pic below...

Hope this helps?

WIN_20190705_18_03_50_Pro.jpg

Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
srperry

Post by srperry »

Drummer wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:38 am Hi Len,

Cheers for response. I have used the Nav now and it stayed in night mode in the digi panel. Pretty sure it should switch between day and night as the central screen does. Not a major issue but I'll probably drop Citroen a line.

Drummer
Sorry, I have now realised that you're talking about the instrument panel display for sat nav and not the central screen. I'll check mine out tomorrow Anne let you know...
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
srperry

Post by srperry »

Checked it out today - the display that overlays onto the driver display panel, and the one that is presented in the 'navigation' driver display panel option, are both dark displays. I think if they were the same as daytime display on the centre screen they would distract too much from the speed display etc. I'm happy with the way it is, especially as seeing the nav instructions pop up in the driver's display when not selecting the navigation view was an unexpected and welcome bonus!