Front camera under utelised - waste of money!?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
DavidZ

Post by DavidZ »

Front camera only reads speed limits (sometimes) and displays it on the small screen on dash.This is such a waste.

srperry

Post by srperry »

Which car?
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

And looks for pedestrians and cars you are about to hit, and lane drift warning, and auto high/low beam and probably light levels for the auto on headlights
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
DavidZ

Post by DavidZ »

Nope..looks for pedestrians etc..do not have this option. Did you try it?

Headlight sensor on dashboard nit camera
Lane drifting sensirs on underside of door mirrors.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

The black bump under the mirror is for the temprature sensor. The frosted plastic is for the door lights. I don't have any other sensors in the mirrors. Lane drift is absolutly the front camera. You can see them showing how it works in Citroens press releases and such. I don't have blind spot warning, perhaps that is done from the mirrors ?

Yes, the pedestrian warning option works well. If I drive towards a curve and there is someone walking on the pavement ahead (therefore right in front of the car) the warning sound comes on. Never got close enough to see if the emergency braking system activates. The same applies if I come up behind a stationary car a bit fast. Camera sees the car and warns me.

Not sure what dashboard sensor you are talking about. The only thing I can see from the front of my car is the plastic cover between the two grills that covers the bolt for removing the dash. There is nothing that would operate the auto dipping beam, it must be done through the camera.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

There is a small sensor on the top of the dash. On our C3 it is between the driver and passenger side screen vents. This is similar in shape to the sensor on the bottom of the driver's mirror and is the interior temperature sensor.