LIghts coming on when raising or lowering passenger window

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
DavidZ

Post by DavidZ »

C3 Aircross: Today I just noted that when I lift or lower the passenger window (it is a RHD model) both from the passenger switch and from the driver switch, the headlights switch on and then turn off after 10/15 seconds....in daylight? the touchscreen goes into (dim) night mode and the green side and headlight indicator lamps in the dashboard come on. The rotator switch on the stalk set to Auto mode. This only happens with the passenger window. Strange but true and somewhat funny too. It's like opening the bath tap and flushing the toilet. It can be dangerous as I am randomly signalling other car drivers to exit into my path.
Last edited by DavidZ on Thu May 09, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Do you have a C3 or C5.
I can't see anywhere where you have identified your vehicle. It might help in getting some answers.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
DavidZ

Post by DavidZ »

Sorry...C3 Aircross
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

What condition is the battery in?
Even on a new car you can have a dodgy battery. It is quite well known that if your battery is not in top condition it can cause strange behaviour with the electrics. There are so many gismos on modern cars all after a bit of charge. My advice would be to try another battery first before starting any deep dives into the electrics. Even a one volt drop can cause problems.
I had a Nissan 370Z with a dodgy battery and it caused all kind of fault errors coming up at random. A new battery solved the problem.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
DavidZ

Post by DavidZ »

Car and battery are only 1 and a half years...Always thought that start/stop is a bad idea...probably starter motor would be next.....
srperry

Post by srperry »

I had my cactus for 3 years from need and used stop/start all the time. Never had a problem. I think that the C3 Crossover may have some issues though reading other's problems here.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
DavidZ

Post by DavidZ »

Its not the battery...checked it and condition is good.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Which versions have stop/start? If the stop/start system is working the battery is probably not the issue. On my C4 Picasso, everything else worked OK, just the stop/start failed, and that was cured by a new battery.
DavidZ

Post by DavidZ »

So.....car went back to dealer for 2 whole days and came back fixed. Funny thing is that they said they did not do anything except diagnostics and checked the earths. So I guess it was something silly that they know know about but don't want to admit.