Adaptive Cruise Control Problem New C5 Aircross

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Did you get to the bottom of this?
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.

C5_Finland

Post by C5_Finland »

Hello. I have one week old C5 Aircross with the adaptive cruise control. I have not been able to get the cruise on at all, and this same error message pops up every time. Did you get this sorted out? What was the problem?
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

At the back of the cruiscontrol handle there are 2 more Buttons, you Need to use the top button to activate,
Whilst making a 350 km test drive in Feb it took me 300 km to find out, the Manual is not quite clear.
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
C5_Finland

Post by C5_Finland »

Thanks for the advice! Now I finally found the rigth buttons from the backside of the handle. The manual is far from clear. I tested the cruise control yesterday, and it works perfect.
BenjaminBS

Post by BenjaminBS »

are yoy sure you have set a cruise speed to begin with?
Fragglemered

Post by Fragglemered »

Hi I am having the same problem with my C5 aircross, please can you tell me were you able to rectify the issue. Just before I head to the dealership to get it looked at??
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

The picture of the C5 cruise control looks identical to that on my C3 Aircross.
In the centre of the control is a wheel. Rotate it downwards for cruise or upwards for limiter. So for this explanation rotate downwards.
On the rear of the control are two buttons, one at the top one at the bottom. These are the activate and speed increase and decrease buttons.
On the upper and lower sectors on the front are two buttons these are the MEMory buttons.
On the end of the control is a button. This is the momentary disengage , re-engage button.
On the dash is a speed symbol which shows the local speed limit. Another symbol shows whether the cruise is engaged or not.
Ok you are driving and are above 25 mph and be in 3rd gear or above manual gears or D or M in auto box.
Rotate the wheel down. Now press the upper or lower button on the rear of control. System will engage and symbols change colour and the selected speed will be displayed. A momentary flag appears with cruise active X mph (X is selected mph).
Once engaged you increase decrease the speed by pressing the upper inc or lower dec rear buttons, one press is 1 mph.
Pressing the end button will temporarily disengage the system. Pressing it again will re-engage it. Rotating the wheel back to centre will switch it off.
Now the next part. As you drive along the car speed limit camera will display the local speed limit on the dash. You can if you wish use the cruise control to observe these limits.
With the cruise engaged at say 50 you enter 40 limit. Press the front top or bottom MEM button once then the dash will say press MEM again, press it again and the selected speed will be displayed and the system will decrease the cars speed. As you enter different limit zones pressing the buttons twice will change the selected speed and response of the system.
Pressing the end button will act as previously mentioned.
The wheel will switch it off.
Pressing the brake pedal will temporarily disengage it.
Pressing the clutch on early cars will temporarily disengage it on later cars it doesn't do this.
On auto boxes as the gear change the system does NOT disengage.
The limiter works in a similar fashion except you still have to press the accelerator but you will not be able to exceed the speed selected, unless you press it down fully and hard.
I hope this helps you all.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
teejay52

Post by teejay52 »

Brilliant answer!
I've had my new C5 Aircross for 3 weeks, couldn't work out how to activate cruise control but this answer sorted it.
Dreadful positioning of these controls, in my opinion.
Maybe I'll get used to them.