Adaptive Cruise Control Problem New C5 Aircross

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Harry_Boy

Post by Harry_Boy »

Picked up our new C5 Aircross 1.5d Flair Plus (Platinum grey, silver accents) on Saturday, and generally very pleased indeed.

The adaptive radar cruise worked very well for all of half a day, seamlessly adjusting the speed as vehicles came and went on the motorway journey back home.

But, from that point onwards, it has refused to engage at all.

Each time I try to activate the system, it displays an error message stating:

"Activation denied, conditions unsuitable". This is despite the roads being, clearly, entirely suitable.

Has anyone encountered this problem at all?

I'm slightly upset that it's taken less than 24 hours for the legendary French reliability to rear its head, after years of German and Japanese dependability...
1.5d Flair Plus auto, platinum grey, silver accents.

Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Just a thought but the square panel in the bottom of the front grille needs to be clean. This observation is based on my friends Kodiaq which was a bit iffy after it got somewhat dirty after a long run.
Maybe worth a clean. It has a similar set up to the C5.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
Harry_Boy

Post by Harry_Boy »

Cheers Andy - will give it a go... Thank you.
Harry_Boy

Post by Harry_Boy »

Tried cleaning the camera, panels, etc. No difference. Still kaput...

Dealer can't look till the end of the month. Not impressed...
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

That's a bummer.
Please keep us informed.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

Thinking a bit more about your issue. I can get that message to display if I press the pause/resume button on the cruise control but only if the cruise control is not active. If cruise control is in operation and the button is pressed it will switch between pause and resume as it should and not present the message, which is exactly as it should be.
routemaster1

Post by routemaster1 »

Handy Andy wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:43 pm Thinking a bit more about your issue. I can get that message to display if I press the pause/resume button on the cruise control but only if the cruise control is not active. If cruise control is in operation and the button is pressed it will switch between pause and resume as it should and not present the message, which is exactly as it should be.
That is how all Citroen cruise systems work. You actually have to set the speed after every start by selecting the speed higher/ speed lower buttons.

As a matter of interest, last night I found something unusual on the cruise on our new C3 110bhp petrol. I set the cruise as normal, and came to a hill the car didn't like in 6th gear, so I changed down. In every other Citroen I've has the pressing of the clutch pedal would disengage cruise, but not in this car. After changing down, cruise immediately reengaged. Are the C3/C5 Aircross like ths as well?
srperry

Post by srperry »

routemaster1 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 7:39 am
Handy Andy wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 6:43 pm Thinking a bit more about your issue. I can get that message to display if I press the pause/resume button on the cruise control but only if the cruise control is not active. If cruise control is in operation and the button is pressed it will switch between pause and resume as it should and not present the message, which is exactly as it should be.
That is how all Citroen cruise systems work. You actually have to set the speed after every start by selecting the speed higher/ speed lower buttons.

As a matter of interest, last night I found something unusual on the cruise on our new C3 110bhp petrol. I set the cruise as normal, and came to a hill the car didn't like in 6th gear, so I changed down. In every other Citroen I've has the pressing of the clutch pedal would disengage cruise, but not in this car. After changing down, cruise immediately reengaged. Are the C3/C5 Aircross like ths as well?
Yes, mine is the same. I was pleasantly surprised by that as well; it does the same changing up as well as down.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Korber

Post by Korber »

Same for C3 Aircross, you can shift gears, cc remains engaged.
C3 aircross 110 BVM6 Shine.
Harry_Boy

Post by Harry_Boy »

Interesting feedback, guys. Will investigate further.

The weird thing is that it DID work at first, using the same methodology that now results in the error message. I'm still nonplussed...