Apple Carplay //Bluetooth/ display Bug!

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Tuneras

Post by Tuneras »

Anyone who knows how to reset Apple Carplay / display while driving?
Today it happened again :evil: , Carplay stopped working (as well as bluetooth), tried to restart my iPhone but didn’t help. Restarted car with no difference. First after leaving the car for 1/2 hour everything was back working again.
- But this is not ok when having to make a longer trip and the Carplay is needed. Are there any shortcuts for this problem??
C3 Aircross 110 5-speed, Feel, natural white
city pack /swedish edition, heated front seats, wireless charging, automatic wipers,
auto safety brake, rear parking sensors
production date 05 april 2018

Korber

Post by Korber »

That looks like your iphone is overheating and stops working.
What and how many apps you are using when driving? Some apps may be very demanding for the iphone processor.

I have no problem with carplay for 3 hour drives. I use Google maps or waze and music stored in the iphone SE.
C3 aircross 110 BVM6 Shine.
Tuneras

Post by Tuneras »

Korber wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:10 am That looks like your iphone is overheating and stops working.
What and how many apps you are using when driving? Some apps may be very demanding for the iphone processor.

I have no problem with carplay for 3 hour drives. I use Google maps or waze and music stored in the iphone SE.

Certainly no overheating and just a short drive!
Tried with my wife’s iPhone giving the same result, so the problem is in the car/display. I used to have this type of problem with old Mercedes, 10-15 ys ago, having to shut down the entire car. Even had to disconnect the battery once to get things working, but never on newer models after 2005.
C3 Aircross 110 5-speed, Feel, natural white
city pack /swedish edition, heated front seats, wireless charging, automatic wipers,
auto safety brake, rear parking sensors
production date 05 april 2018