C5 Aircross owner's manual instructions for rear light removal wrong...

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
srperry

Post by srperry »

I wanted to remove the righthand rear light cluster to get rid of some condensation that had occurred. The owner's guide has clear instructions for doing so, but it is wrong! The guide says to remove one nut in the rear wing and operate a release catch to allow the cluster to be withdrawn. Well on mine there is no release catch but there are TWO nuts to remove. As the aperture in the boot is so small it took me ages to work that out, so hopefully I'll save others time if they need to change a bulb etc.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience

rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

in the german manual they do not mention the hidden switch on the back off the cruise control handle
before i ordered our c5 i had the c5 for a weekend. took me 200 km to find out how to
engage the bl.. cruisecontrol.
manual said press one of the mem buttons, which of course does not function.
one can´t see this button, nor does one really feel there is a button.
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
srperry

Post by srperry »

The UK manual does detail the cruise control in detail - I'm talking about the full downloadable manual; I think the limited manual that came with the car goes into the same detail. I wonder why the German version has less information?
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

i am also talking abt the downloaded manual. do not know the paper version, since my c5 is yet not delivered.
anyway in this manual is the back button, which activates the cc simply not mentioned.
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
Lee.nuts68

Post by Lee.nuts68 »

srperry wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:14 am I wanted to remove the righthand rear light cluster to get rid of some condensation that had occurred. The owner's guide has clear instructions for doing so, but it is wrong! The guide says to remove one nut in the rear wing and operate a release catch to allow the cluster to be withdrawn. Well on mine there is no release catch but there are TWO nuts to remove. As the aperture in the boot is so small it took me ages to work that out, so hopefully I'll save others time if they need to change a bulb etc.
Long shot, that you are still on here. I see what you mean. I've taken the 2 nuts off but it's still pretty solid in place. Brute force pull out another clip somewhere? Don't want to break any fitting. Thanks
srperry

Post by srperry »

Still here! AS far as I can remember, there were no clips to watch out for; I think I just wriggled the cluster about until it loosened and came out... I seem to remember it wasn't especially easy. Sorry I can't be more help.
Lee.nuts68

Post by Lee.nuts68 »

srperry wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:24 pm Still here! AS far as I can remember, there were no clips to watch out for; I think I just wriggled the cluster about until it loosened and came out... I seem to remember it wasn't especially easy. Sorry I can't be more help.
No worries. Thank you. Didn't want to break any clips etc as it still seems reasonable firm, but I can't find any, so probably just going to have to get a bit rougher! Thanks again though. Lee
srperry

Post by srperry »

No problem. Good luck.
mittu

Post by mittu »

Hi, ive just bought a used C5 Aircross and decided to change out all the halogen bulbs to LEDs.
The manual is a joke and is completely wrong.

The inner tailgate lights is held on by 2 large black screws (t30).
One is on the inside of the removable cover, and the other on the outside near the tailgate strut.
The Light will wiggle off from the outside and you'll have just about enough slack in the wires to access the bulbs.
I swapped out the reversing light bulbs to much brighter LEDs.
Original bulb 16W. Replaced it with a 5W LEDs. No bulb error on dash.

Hopefully the additional light will help the atrocious reverse cam.
I swear they've recycled the cameras off old Nokia phones.
Haven't seen such a poor resolution in 20yrs. Is it even VGA?

Also, the front fog light bulb in the manual is wrong (P21W).
Correct bulb is H11 55W. I've replaced it with 20W LEDs and its not thrown an bulb error.
Switched out high and low beams for like-for-like (+/- 5W) wattage LEDs as they're quite easy to find.
No bulb error.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

And none of it road legal of course..... so be prepared for your insurance to be void.