OBD2 socket on C5 Aircross...

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

If you open the centre arm rest and slide your hand under the front upper surface on the side of the passenger cup holder so your palm is upwards you will feel a small rectangular cover. It has a rough feel to it. Prise that off and the connector should be there.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.

srperry

Post by srperry »

Hi Andy,

I looked and in mine at least that's the centre armrest storage light! Thanks for trying though, I really thought you'd cracked it...

The mystery continues.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Handy Andy

Post by Handy Andy »

I thought so to. Some earlier Citroen models had it there.
C5 Aircross Flair Plus 180 Petrol Auto, Platinum Grey with Red Accents and Black Wheels.
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

According to my manual the fuse box is on the left side of the dashboard.
In order to access i will have to remove a large plastic part, which includes all the secondary switches.

Its quite large, starting above that switch panel ending underneath the dashboard and also on the right side under the wheel.
I do not want to take this away, unless i needed to.
So therefore i cannot say if the odb2 socket is there, but according to dealer its there.
I can only advise in the right hand drive car to access the switch box and again have a closer look.
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
srperry

Post by srperry »

My Citroen dealer has just informed me that the ODB2 socket is located on my RHD C5 near the seering wheel under a large panel. They also advised extreme caution when removing it as its clips are easily broken - they'd had to order a replacement for the first one they removed! :)
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Arnie

Post by Arnie »

Right hand drive vehicle. OBD2 socket hiding behind panel just under side vents in dash to right of steering wheel, housing buttons, just have to pull that panel off to get excess to it.

Regards Arnie
C5 Aircross Flair Plus Diesel 150 Auto. Platinum Grey Silver Accents
Lancashire
srperry

Post by srperry »

Arnie wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:57 pm Right hand drive vehicle. OBD2 socket hiding behind panel just under side vents in dash to right of steering wheel, housing buttons, just have to pull that panel off to get excess to it.

Regards Arnie
Thanks Arnie.
harry44379

Post by harry44379 »

It really seems like a bit of a mystery but I think I may have found an answer.
Check out this YouTube video :-

There's not much in the way of information, but at around 15 seconds into the video there's a really good photo showing the panel that needs to be removed or partly removed to gain access to the OBD port. Seems like a dopey sort of place to have it - but it is what it is. I haven't tried removing this panel myself yet as I don't usually get on very well with the sort of clips that these plastic panels use. Hope this helps out though and would be keen to hear from anyone if panel removal is easier than I envisage.

By the way, the video clearly shows a RHD model with a UK registration plate.

Harry
Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

On the C3 Aircross on the right-hand drive version UK, it's located at the bottom edge of the panel just in front of your right knee, below the one with the headlight adjuster and in mine the HEAD UP DISPLAY control panel. I have added this as I was told it was in the fusebox but it's not.

IMG_20210327_213519797~3.jpg

2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars