OBD2 socket on C5 Aircross...

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
srperry

Post by srperry »

Does anyone know where the OBD2 socket is on the C5 Aircross? There's no mention of it in the handbook and I can't find it anywhere. By law it's supposed to be within 1 meter of the sterring wheel. I can't see it in the glovebox fusebox or anywhere else.

I emailed Citroen UK Support who told me that they weren't technically trained and couldn't help! Not sure what they exist for then! :)
Last edited by srperry on Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience

rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

I am still waiting for my C5 but 3 years ago i did have a DS5, and the ODB2 socket was in the big storage under the armrest.
Had to take the rubber part on the Bottom out.
That time even the dealer did not know.
Cars: C5 Aircross 180 Shine ,BMW Z4 E89. 2.8i sDrive
srperry

Post by srperry »

Thanks for your response, for which I'm grateful. Unfortunately it wasn't there, nor was it under the rubber mat in the cupholders!
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

on left hand driven cars its mostly on the left side underneath the dashboard.
the c5 is developed in France, so logically it shud be there.
srperry

Post by srperry »

rdeknegt wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:00 pm on left hand driven cars its mostly on the left side underneath the dashboard.
the c5 is developed in France, so logically it shud be there.

It's supposed to be easy to get at! On the left side there is just the glovebox, which contains the in-car fuse box. I can't see an ODB2 socket in there, and I cannot see any other easily removeable or obvious panels to look behind...

Thanks for your suggestions though!
srperry

Post by srperry »

Anyone found it yet (C5 Aircross OBD2 socket)?
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

Hi, my C5 will be delivered this morning. Will have a search were the socket might be on the left hand version.
srperry

Post by srperry »

rdeknegt wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:27 am Hi, my C5 will be delivered this morning. Will have a search were the socket might be on the left hand version.
Thanks. A photo would be great if you can (a) find it and (b) spare the time.
rdeknegt

Post by rdeknegt »

According to dealer it shud be near the fuse box. I had a look yesterday, cud not find the fuse box, however it was 35 Degr C,
when it will become cooler I will have a closer look.
Fuse Box shud be on the left side of the dashboard, so I will have to craw into the foodwell to trace it.
Will come back later on this.
srperry

Post by srperry »

rdeknegt wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:35 am According to dealer it shud be near the fuse box. I had a look yesterday, cud not find the fuse box, however it was 35 Degr C,
when it will become cooler I will have a closer look.
Fuse Box shud be on the left side of the dashboard, so I will have to craw into the foodwell to trace it.
Will come back later on this.
Mine is a right-hand drive, but the fusebox is still on the left-hand side; I have looked and looked and cannot find it there or near the steering wheel, where it should really be... But thanks for looking.

I hope you enjoy your C5 Aircross as much as I do mine!