Family pack passenger sun blinds

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
John Minshall

Post by John Minshall »

Has anyone else had a problem with the plastic housings that are above the passenger door windows that enclose the mechanism to hold the blinds up? Mine keep breaking even though they are never used. In fact I've only ever had passengers in the rear seats a couple of times. The plastic tabs that hold them in place just seem to break on there own and I've had two replaced so far, one of which I just noticed has now broken and disappeared? I think its to do with the type of plastic they use which must change shape in the heat and get brittle. I'm almost at the end of my warranty and need a more permanent fix.

many thanks,
John.
C3 Aircross 110A Flair Cosmic Silver/Black

Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Mine have been fine. I don't use the blinds much but I do occasionally.

End of your warranty! I don't know what country you are in but in the U.K. we get 3 years and as they have only been making them for a year and a half....
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
JohnB

Post by JohnB »

Hi, the 'cover' of mine broke off a while ago but the three hooks which hold the blind are OK. I'll probably Araldite it back on. I don't think it's anything to do with heat, just cheap nasty plastic which isn't good enough really.
C3 Aircross Flair 1.2 110 Auto with Parking & Family packs & sunroof
John Minshall

Post by John Minshall »

Just been to dealer for cars first service and they seem reluctant to order these cheap plastic parts in. I talked to the sales rep and they are looking into a more permanent fix as this is the third pair that have broken ( without ever being used) in fact I’ve only ever had passengers in the rear twice since buying the car. 🤞 otherwise I too will be gluing in place.
C3 Aircross 110A Flair Cosmic Silver/Black
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Sounds like a job for someone with 3D printer skills.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
dashiel

Post by dashiel »

Hi, I have the same issue. One of the covers broke off the third day I had my new car, I didn't even use the blinds.

I already have an appointment to have an arm rest installed, so I'll have the cover replaced as well. But as it seems to be a common issue, I'll consider to glue it as suggested above should it happen again...
C3 Aircross 1.2 PureTech 110 S&S EAT6 FEEL