speed recognition

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

how do I get the speed recognition to show in dashboard?
I have been to my local Citroen dealer, the service manager has looked at it and does not know.
It is set to Yes in the settings menu

srperry

Post by srperry »

Which car/model are you talking about?
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

C3 Aircross Flair 1 week old.
Nobody at dealership knows how to sort it.
They suggested pressing the knurled button on the steering wheel next to voice activation but that’s no good
FredOxford

Post by FredOxford »

If you flick through the options on the left knurled button you should find the latest speed limit detected by the sofware.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

If it hasn't seen a speed sign for a while it will just show dashes till it has. When it comes up, if you want to set the speed limiter to that speed, you have to press the memory button (twice I think?). I'm not so keen on that button,. It's easy to press the ones on the back of the stalk to increase and decrease the set limit but not so easy to push the buttons on the front of the stalk in the direction away from you.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

There are no dashes at all showing. I have gone past lots of speed limit signs and nothing appears anywhere. All that is showing is the current vehicle speed, and ....MAX.. nothing else
It is definitely set to show in settings
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

It should be working. At least you should see the three dashes. When it does see a sign it only shows the speed for 30 seconds then back to dashes. If it's not working, perhaps none of the other things like auto braking and pedestrian recognition aren't as well.... Better get it seen to.
Tuneras

Post by Tuneras »

I have not yet managed to set the speed limiter from the speed recognition, the lane assistant saves me every time I try....it took me a day just to learn the speed recognition.
- Today I learnt to enable GPS time for the clock. I don’t have the navigator so it maybe uses the GPS time from my mobile phone
C3 Aircross 110 5-speed, Feel, natural white
city pack /swedish edition, heated front seats, wireless charging, automatic wipers,
auto safety brake, rear parking sensors
production date 05 april 2018
Freedombtn

Post by Freedombtn »

On my c3 Aircross feel 1.2 82 bhp
The speed sign recognition is on the end of wiper switch stalk.
Press to change
And selections are on
Mpg
Distance to empty fuel
Distance from full fuel
Etc etc
Try this and let us know if it works
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Freedombtn, it also changes via the left scroll wheel. Perhaps in the Flair the controls do different things and for the lower models they didn't want to 'waste' the switches so there are a couple of controls that do the same thing.