SOS button flashing red

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
KodaBear

Post by KodaBear »

So twice in the past week when I start my C3 aircross up the SOS button has come on flashing red/orange.

Anyone had this?

Ste_A

Post by Ste_A »

Mine did the same a few weeks ago in the Peak District. I assumed it was due to lack of a phone network signal which the service needs to function. But yesterday it happened twice in Manchester and both times the touch screen went black and rebooted.

If it happens again I will book it in.
C3 Aircross Shine Plus 110 S&S 6 Speed Manual
KodaBear

Post by KodaBear »

Yeah my first thought was signal, but the two times it happened where at a location we visit on a weekly basis. Its never happened at that location before.

If it happens again i'll be taking it in to get checked I think.
DACS

Post by DACS »

I know that this is an old topic but I thought that my experience may be useful to others. My car is a 2019 C5 Aircross Flair Plus so it is out of warranty.

The ScanMyCitroen app explains that a flashing red light indicates that the back-up battery for the SOS system needs to be replaced.

I have just had this battery replaced which has fixed the problem. The battery cost £78.78 and the labour was £84.12. They also charged £168 to run diagnostics before they would replace the battery so the total cost was £330.83. Fortunately, Citroen Customer Care had agreed to contribute £300 towards the cost so I only paid £30.83.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

You can order this and fit it yourself - it's currently £78 and the independent telematic unit sits behind the centre of the dashboard, behind the touchscreen, and above the Connected Nav unit (not to be confused with the independent Telematics Unit). It's a cylindrical battery that goes in the compartment at the back.

I certainly wouldn't be paying £330.86 for them to fit!

This is the one fitted on the C3 Aircross:

ITU Battery.PNG

MartinH

Post by MartinH »

Yep we had same issue on our first C3 Aircross intermittent red flashinglight in sos. Had just taken out the Citroën extended Warranty. Dealer said no problem bring it in .They diagnosed and changed battery all free of charge said its something they check for anyway on the 3rd year Service onwards.
Was
2018 C3 Aircross Flair 110 Automatic in Soft Sand.
Now
2022 Facelifted Model C3 Aircross Shine Plus 130 Automatic in Pepper Red, Black roof, Black roof bars & mirrors.