Recall C5 PHEV?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Cranium4

Post by Cranium4 »

Just received a letter from my insurance company saying my 2023 C5 PHEV is subject to a recall. Ref: R/2023/100. Possible water entry on HV battery and risk of fire. Dealership no record of this. Customer services as usual - "don't know will get back to you". Letter lists similar recall for Vauxhall, Peugeot and DS. Checked the Government website - nothing. Spoke to insurance company - they confirmed they sent the letter but not where the recall originated from. Have recorded that Dealership advised no recall in case of problems later.

Has anyone else heard of such a recall?

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

If you have your VIN I can check with Citroen, but this only seems to affect non FWD PHEV vehicles, so if you have a FWD PHEV it doesn't apply.
Cranium4

Post by Cranium4 »

Citroen CS did get back to me and have confirmed that there is no recall for my vehicle. Insurance company are looking into where this originated from and have recorded Citroen advised it does not apply - it affects your insurance if you do not follow up on safety recalls.
MagicGYR

Post by MagicGYR »

Hi Cranium4

I have recieved two recall letters from Citroen directly for my 21 plate PHEV which mention possible fires.

I have mine booked in at my local Citroen dealer for the work to be carried out.

I have scanned the letters here for your reference

Cit recall 19-03-24.jpg

Cit Recall 12-03-24.jpg

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

As I mentioned - the recalls are vehicle-specific and because there are different variants of the PHEV, this may not apply to the original Poster. If it does, he will get a recall letter himself as they'll be able to get the registered owner details directly from the DVSA for actual 'Recalls'.

I only mention this because there's little point in creating unnecessary stress if it's not relevant.