Map firmware update not downloading with the Citroen update software

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
10r3nz0

Post by 10r3nz0 »

Hello!

My dad recently bought a new C3 aircross (VIM: VF72RHNPMK4493020) and I've been trying to update the touchscreen software and navigation data for him for a while now. I've noticed that using the Citroen update software I cannot get the touchscreen SOFTWAREto download at all (version 21.08.87.32_NAC-r1). An error pops up about my network stability, this doesn't happen with the navigation data (26.0.0-r0), that downloads fine and I can get it onto a USB and into the car. Updating the nav data however isn't POSSIBLE because it just pops out an error after I initialize the update in the car, I've ordered a 64g usb2 stick to see if the stick was the issue, will update when I try that.

But more importantly, I cannot get the touchscreen software to download at all, I can't find alternative sources to the firmware and even if I could I don't think there's any way to get the license for my car (and I suspect this car needs one).

Is there anything I can do to still update my car touchscreen software, or are we just going to have to do with dated software?

Thanks in advance!

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

See this thread. I'll provide the links there to avoid separate threads for the same issues:

However, you need to call your dealer as there is an outstanding after sales campaign that needs doing since 2020! Quote code HFF along with your reg or VIN.
HFF - BSI software

The operation involves downloading the built-in systems interface (BSI) software.
So I would get it booked in ASAP and the work will be free. Not updating the BSI can lead to system issues.

viewtopic.php?p=8609#p8609
Beanee3

Post by Beanee3 »

Today after at least 2 years since trying to download an update I decided that I should update my 2023 C3 Aircross. I have done this before on my 2 previous Citroen's and set it in motion.
First I looked at the my Citroen app which told me yes there's a software and a map update. I requested the app to send the download link which it did. I then found when I opened my already installed Citroen Update Setup_0.1.24.exe that it shows an error when running. A message on screen said new version available so I clicked that. It installed. However I again got an error. So I went to programs list and uninstalled all the Citroen update.exe programs shown. Once done I reinstalled the latest which is Citroen_Update_Setup_0.1.24
I than ran it again and when requested entered my VIN number and car ID.
Then I tapped continue and the available updates appeared. I deselected the MAP and pressed continue. The software downloaded in 15 mins.
Once finished it requested a minimum 8Gb flash drive be inserted. Mine is 16Gb SanDisk Cruzer Glide 3.0 and is kept purely for car updates. The firmware update is 5.88 Gb
It formatted the flash drive and then downloaded the update. Which took 16 mins. Screen on computer reads Software of the touch screen (44.07.95.22_NAC-r0)
The instructions suggested downloading the update instructions for the car. I looked at these and they have been amended since my last print out so I ran them off again 9 pages. Last copy was dated 9 May 2021.
Now to load it into car. Will report when finished.
Last edited by Beanee3 on Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Beanee3

Post by Beanee3 »

Ok it's now 17:12.
I followed the instructions engine running, stop start inhibited, and heat set as I wanted.
Started engine.
Inserted USB STICK and the update started.
After the initial black screen it went blue as shown in the picture below.
After 26 minutes it changed and told me to remove the stick.
Screen black while system rebooted and then it came back on.
I had to go to settings. Top right of screen. COG wheel, to change the language from French to English.
Checked the other screens all appears correct.
The system info page shows that it is running 44.07.05.22-NAC-rO. which is the one I downloaded today.
Job down. No hiccups once latest software loaded on PC after I had uninstalled the older version.

Map update next but that will be tomorrow's job

IMG_20240216_170051616_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240216_170051616_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240216_163851306_HDR.jpg

Beanee3

Post by Beanee3 »

Screenshot_20240216-174109~2.png

The above is a screen shot of the email showing the links for Windows (top blue lines) and Apple (bottom blue lines. You should be able to get the software prog with them if You haven't got it.
Beanee3

Post by Beanee3 »

Ok at last I had downloaded the latest map update for my C3 Aircross. 15.0.0-r0
Compared to downloading the firmware yesterday it was a right pain but it's now on a flash drive.
Initially when started the Citroen update app it would download the file but after 55 mins and reaching the end it said that there was an error in the file.
I did it again 4x but no luck.
This morning I uninstalled the update app there were two on my hard drive and downloaded the app again.
Installed it. Ran it. Put in car VIN and an ID. Set it off. It asks for a folder to put it in. I told it desktop cartography and set it off.
It successfully downloaded the update onto the computer.
Then it told me to put in a flash drive of 32Gb. Sadly mine was only 16Gb so off to Argos to get one.
Back home plugged in and it successfully put the file on the flash drive.
Now to put in car.
With the map update you can drive the car just make sure the stop/start is off.
I think that uninstalling the update app, putting the file on the desktop helped it run who knows. I also have a stream Sky Glass TV and that was on last night so sharing the internet router possible.
Will report back after it's in the car.
Beanee3

Post by Beanee3 »

As promised update on map update.
At 13.45 I got in the car started the engine and switched off the stop/start. Set heater temp. Inserted the flash drive. After a few seconds it showed a message to say that it would update the nav. Gave warning about ignition and don't remove drive.
I pressed OK.
It then gave me a chance to inhibit the countries of Europe that I didn't want to load. As I don't be going there I deleted Russia and Ukraine. The rest I kept.

Pressed OK again and it started to load. There is no progress bar. I went for a drive. After 55 minutes it told me it had finished and a system restart was required. I pressed OK, removed the flash drive , it did it.
Once it was back on screen I pulled over and set the nav up.
Firstly it defaults to French so you have to change the language, top right of the destination in put page.
It defaulted to a qwerty board.
HOWEVER it reverts to a completely empty memory so non of your destinations from previous trips, including your home/work etc re still.in the memory.
You have also to go through the settings etc to put in your preferences.
Otherwise it's working.
I realise now I should only have told it to load UK, possibly France and Ireland. The memory is big enough to take it all but I'll never use it all.
So it worked just needed a bit of attention.