Mirror screen

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
vsabolc

Post by vsabolc »

Hi BachGy,

unfortunately not tried yet, but planning to do it during the next 1-2 weeks and will keep you updated!

BachGy

Post by BachGy »

Ok, thx.
Hope will work :)
vsabolc

Post by vsabolc »

Hi,

just a quick update - so far no luck.... started the car, waited for few minutes, plugged in the USB, got the first popup saying no media content....found on the USB, closed it and after nothing, the update never started...

Contacted the Customer Service and now waiting for the answer from them....

Will update here when I get answer!
Whitebeard

Post by Whitebeard »

Hi,
I can't get the Mirror Screen to work either. The Android Car Play works OK but when I select the Mirroe Screen option, it can't 'see' my phone. I installed an APP that is supposed to be Mirror Screen compliant but still no joy. I can only assume, at this stage, that my phone (Huawei P20 Lite) is not compatible with Mirror Screen... My wife has a Samsung phone. I might have to try that, just to see. She won't drive my car and consequently, I've not tried linking her phone to my car.
C3 Aircross Flair 2018 1.2 petrol Auto box. Red,black roof and trim
vsabolc

Post by vsabolc »

Hi BachGy!

Yes, I have installed it today finally....

First of all, the description on the site what is saying to make SWL folder..... does not.

Here are the steps (worked for me):
- Install the Citroen app on your phone - select language UK. Country UK
- Use the app for few days
- You will see update appear in Vehicle touchscreen section
- Download both files
- Extract the update on your computer
- Get USB 3 (or 3.1) and format it to FAT32
- Create a folder on the USB named "license" and copy your license file from the download
- Copy the rcc_update folder to the root of your USB
- So on the USB in the root there are 2 folders "license" and rcc_update
- Start your car - leave it working few minutes.
- Be on Radio screen
- Plug in USB
- Here I got the system restarted and the update started (in manual it is saying very different)
- Update was done quickly
- Initializing the system will take more time, but after it should work fine.....

Now the Carplay - MirrorLink..... so... just have some time to try on iPhone - no luck....will try a bit later on Android (with unificial Android auto...)

What I saw for now - no MIrrorLink, neither CarPlay icons are displayed in the menu :(
(also talking to UK customer support and trying to get some info!)
vsabolc

Post by vsabolc »

Just tried to connect iPhone and Android phone over USB and Bluetooth, MIrrorLink, Carplay - nothing worked - still missing the Android Auto and/or Carplay icons in car settings....

I guess this is what it is......

It is not clear what they actually think..... the car is not a cheap one.....middle package with some more extra and you cannot connect fully with your phone unless you buy the Navigation version.....
Noty

Post by Noty »

I have the Nav system and they still do not work :-( even though I have downloaded and installed the apps.

I have a Samsung S5 mobile and I can connect (Via Bluetooth) to the phone system and see all my contacts etc no problem,.

As you say expensive car shame about the garbage software system. Especially the flaff to update the mapping system.

See by some freak the car model is in the final 6 for car or the year award, albeit the C5 Chinese version, wonder if it is made there?
C3 Aircross Pure Tech 110 S&S EAT6 Shine ................... Noty
vsabolc

Post by vsabolc »

Got the update from Customer Support:

My question was this:
"So the update now worked fine, but was a bit disappointed that I saw that neither Android Car, neither Mirror link are added (not sure why a middle package -not the base version - car like this cannot get this working without need to purchase the highest package - very frustrating!)

Are there any plans to make available those technologies for all users with Touch interface - even if it is only Radio and not NAVI?"

and the answer:

"I'll make sure your comments and concerns are passed on, as at Citroën we appreciate all feedback that is given to us and use it as sourceful information.

Currently our technical department aren't looking into this at the moment, but they're always interested in any suggestions. The questions you've asked I'll make sure they're made aware of and passed on."

So based on this, there will be no Carplay, neither MirrorLink for us :(
AdrianC

Post by AdrianC »

I have to say, I tried the Mirror Screen when I bought the car new and its description by the dealer was a bit misleading as although technically it does duplicate what is on the phones screen, the Mirror Link is an app that shows its own screen. So you don't see what is on your phone screen like in normal daily use, you see only what the app wants you to see.

personally I disliked it and haven't used it since trying it. I just link via Bluetooth, go to spotify app on my phone and then just put the phone on the charging pad and tell the car to play over bluetooth
vsabolc

Post by vsabolc »

AdrianC - do you have the Touch with the NAVI system or just the Touch with the Radio?