Newly acquired C5 AC - looking for map update help please

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Graham, try now, I missed out a character in the address. It should work now, tried it myself.

PeteW

Post by PeteW »

Thanks for the sat nav info, much appreciated.
graham b

Post by graham b »

Hi Juan, Happy New Year!

I downloaded the 3 packages to separate FAT32 USB drives. Unpacked using 7-zip. So each has the small 'UpdateInfo' file and the SWL folder.

the first package failed to recognise the firmware upgrade (but did offer a map upgrade which failed and reverted back).

The actual firmware in the car is 31.09.46.62_NAC-r0

Do I need to unpack differently? Unsure of exactly what the car wants to see on the usb stick.

I did once again try the Citroen Upgrade application which recognises the VIN and offers a combined download. This did download then failed then I clicked on continue.

It shouldn't be so hard to update software :-)

Do you think its a dealer job?

Thanks!!

Graham
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I know it can be a pain.

These combo firmware and map updates are more trouble than they are worth.

Make sure you are applying the Firmware 42.03.33.42_NAC-r0 first of all and have the correct firmware on the USB. You can't install the later one until this has been installed.
Ignore all the others until this first firmware has been installed. Just to clarify format the USB again and retry extracting only the firmware files themselves onto the USB - not the actual compressed file itself.

When you insert the USB it will first start to look for Media Files on the USB and will throw a warning 'Media Not Found', just ignore that and it will soon detect the firmware and ask to update.

Is it starting to install or failing immediately. Make sure you are not touching any controls and do not have your smartphone's Bluetooth switched on whilst updating, as if a call came in it could interrupt the update. If you are still having issues, try the download again in case it became corrupted.
C5EVcross

Post by C5EVcross »

Beware 1 - I got a FAT-32 USB stick - it did the associated touchscreen firmware updates but failed completely again (3rd time!) on the map updates.

Beware 2 - Previous attempts to load the downloaded files from an ordinary USB left my touchscreen in a "blue screen of death" state which didn't go off when I left the vehicle overnight :-( and it drained the battery completely. RAC got me started again but now my battery charge only gets me to 18 miles. The garage have just called to say they can't resolve one of the 3 recalls they told me about when I dropped the C5 Aircross Hybrid off for it's first service this morning - it's related to the traction battery not being at 30% - I think the car has defaulted to an eco energy mode or similar since the issues?

Or may just be a perfect storm of incidents.....
graham.bleakley

Post by graham.bleakley »

Hi Juan. Thank you! It needed patience and tenacity. And a lot of time in the driveway! On latest firmware and maps now! Thank you for the help.
Graham
John King

Post by John King »

Hi...just joined the forum as i have the same issue of updating my c5 Aircross as Graham..... apolgies for muscling in but would the firmware updates/ sat nav apply to my car Juan??..

ps..the usb drive i am using is exfat and not fat 32 128gig could this be an issue or is it the same thing??
Kind Regardsl]
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I can't tell you as you haven't provided your VIN to see if there is an update.

As for the USB, official guidance states specifically to be FAT32 formatted.
John King

Post by John King »

thanks for the response Juan.. i downloaded the 3 files you provided but when i try to drag any of them across to a 64gb i get an error message saying that file name is invalid or too long..

vin no is: VR7ACYHZJKL060840 ........According to the citroen app there are 2 updates available firmware 42.03.33.42 nac r0 and map......

kind regards
JOHN
Tommo

Post by Tommo »

Hi Juan, just been reading the reviews for Sygic and they are not so good, but i am gong to download it onto my Samsung android phone and give it a go. My Tom Tom free does't run out until 2025, so will try this before i decide wether to renew or not. Have a look at the reviews and tell me what you think of them i know your more than happy with it but was just surprised to read them.

Eric.
2022 Citroën C3 Aircross SUV
Shine Plus • PureTech 130 S&S Automatic in Khaki Grey.