Map update failing (14.0.0...

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

^No need to double post, I won't respond any quicker.....^

Licence File

Deleted User 1877

Post by Deleted User 1877 »

Last edited by Deleted User 1877 on Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
djgandkzr

Post by djgandkzr »

Juan Sheet wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:51 pm Ok so there seems to be a conflict in what you are saying:
1)
Extracted/decompressed the file (via 7-Zip) to my FAT32 disk (which creates a folder and *.xml file)
2)
I haven't extracted both the firmware and map files to the USB drive, didn't sound like that was necessary, but will try that next to see if something is needed in that sense?
These statement seem at odds.

1) Insert your USB into your PC and determine what the drive letter assigned to it by Windows.
2) When you locate the TAR file on your PC, right click the tar file, and open it with 7Zip.
3) When 7Zip opens, choose to extract the files and select the drive assigned to the USB.

7Zip should decompress all the files and create the necessary folders on the USB drive. You don't need to do anything else. Safely eject the USB, but if you are not sure if you have all the files on there correctly, take a screenshot (printscreen) of the USB drive and use the full post editor button here to upload the file so I can see what is actually on the USB.

Do NOT extract both firmware AND map files onto the USB - this will not work. Do the Firmware first, then re-format when complete and extract the map files after - so 2 operations.
Sorry for the confusion, I meant that I'd extracted 1 (firmware) to try first, just not done them both.

So I managed to get both working using your method above @juan, thanks. I was using windows file explorer option for 7zip to extract but it seems that you have to open 7zip then run the extraction in there. Obviously not the same thing, but that's why I was confused as you would think they would be. Something for other people to watch out for.

Thanks again @juan, I'm sure I speak for lots of people here and say your guidance, and patience 😄, is thoroughly appreciated 👍🏻
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

No problem - glad you sorted it.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

TheBlueExcavator wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:55 am @Juan Sheet, I have one additional question actually. How do you make license-files?

If I wanted to try again with an older version, like 31.09.46.62_NAC-r0 for example, how would I make a license-file for this update?

Thanks!
I don't make them, I obtain them directly from the servers which are unique to your vehicle, and as I've mentioned before in this thread you cannot install an older firmware than the version that is already on your system.
Deleted User 1877

Last edited by Deleted User 1877 on Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nisre

Post by nisre »

Juan Sheet wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:54 am ^No need to double post, I won't respond any quicker.....^

Licence File
Thank you for your help.

I accidentally opened this topic twice.
I updated it in October. I downloaded it from the link you gave and just updated it again.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

TheBlueExcavator wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:59 pm Anyway, how can I obtain licenses for my vehicle to different versions that you provided? Thanks.
You can't. PSA will only provide the latest firmware update and the licence file. The licence may work with another version as it's really just authorising the update to your specific vehicle - I can't say for sure as I don't need them.
Deleted User 1877

Last edited by Deleted User 1877 on Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Just try it and see, there's nothing to lose and it will either work or it won't ;)