Map update failing (14.0.0...

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

It's picked up from your VIN using their service database. Normally these issues are picked up during service (if they are listed as an issue and outstanding at the time of service of course). However if you don't have your vehicle serviced at a dealership then you won't be any the wiser, as it is too costly in terms of manpower and time to track down where all their customers are getting the vehicles serviced - and of course not everyone has their vehicle dealer-serviced, so they wouldn't have the names and addresses of the owners. As these are not safety recalls, there's no national recall for them.

It may also be that for cars in warranty and still being serviced at the dealership, it may be because you are in between services when the issue arose.

I only mentioned it when I checked your vehicle for the updates. These things are not sent via the My Citroen App - only to the dealership network database.

XE54

Post by XE54 »

Hi guys, having the same issues reported by everyone else trying to update the touch screen software to 21.08.87.32_nac-r1.

So I've downloaded the Tar file.
Unzipped it with 7zip to a format USB drive.
Started the engine, insert it into the USB port.
Then I get hit with the USB stick cannot be read.
I've tried multiple USB?

File path attached.

Juan Sheet any ideas bud.

I've already updated the map via the citroen update software. I came across this forum having had no luck with the download the touch screen software.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20240204_145933.jpg

IMG_20240204_145913.jpg

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Yes, the problem is staring you in the face.

If your USB Drive is drive 'D' then you have extracted the TAR file to a folder of the same name on the USB, instead of extracting the FILES ONLY as I've mentioned.

So you should have a folder under D: called 'SWL' and on the route the file 'updateinfo' only. That's it, NOT D:\PSA_ovip-int-firmware-version........bla bla\SWL\ files otherwise the system cannot detect the update.
Staale_a

Post by Staale_a »

Staale_a wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:43 pm Hi. Juan. I have read the post, and im also struggling with updating the touch screen software.

Could you provide me with the correct download?
Hi again Juan. Im struggling with the connection issue trying to update the touch screen software on my C5 Aircross. Could you please help me with the correct download?
My vin : VR7A4DGZSNL020070
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Irelach1984

Post by Irelach1984 »

I can't even connect to there servers it says on Citroen update I need touch screen update but when I try download it it says failed check internet connection
Irelach1984

Post by Irelach1984 »

Juan Sheet wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:03 pm Staale Firmware
Hi is there any chance you could please check my vin vf72rhmrck4325103 thank you
XE54

Post by XE54 »

Thanks for the help @juan Sheet.

Took several attempts but finally managed to get the firmware updated. Ended up re-reading the whole forum to see if I've missed any steps.

Not sure if either one made a difference but it worked so hopefully it might help others.

- I used a 16GB SanDisk 3.0 USB. Tried and failed with a 64GB USB 2.0.
- Left the engine on for a few minutes before inserting USB.
- connected to car wifi via mobile hot-spot.

If you've got the time, could you kindly check if there are any alerts/recalls for our vehicle.

VIN - VF73AYHZPKJ747361

Thanks again amigo

Juan Sheet wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:43 pm Yes, the problem is staring you in the face.

If your USB Drive is drive 'D' then you have extracted the TAR file to a folder of the same name on the USB, instead of extracting the FILES ONLY as I've mentioned.

So you should have a folder under D: called 'SWL' and on the route the file 'updateinfo' only. That's it, NOT D:\PSA_ovip-int-firmware-version........bla bla\SWL\ files otherwise the system cannot detect the update.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Great, at least you sorted it. The trouble is these threads become long and tiresome to read and inevitably will have a lot of repetition.

Nothing recorded as of today for any After-sales campaigns for your vehicle.
Staale_a

Post by Staale_a »

Juan Sheet wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:03 pm Staale Firmware
Thank you so much!