Map update failing (14.0.0...

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Snak3zZ

Post by Snak3zZ »

Juan Sheet wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:07 am
Snak3zZ wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 8:24 am Hi there,

I am also having issues with the Citroen Update Application on Windows. It just comes up "check connection".

The last 8 digits of my VIN are KL127638 (Citroen C5 Aircross 2019)
For instructions on how to update see this guide:

NAC Update Guide

For your update file see my previous post (link below) for this version of the combined map and firmware update. Do NOT use the second link for the Licence download shown in the post! That is not for your vehicle and you have no need of a licence file because you have on-board WiFi, so ensure the vehicle is left running at all times.

viewtopic.php?p=8344#p8344
All updated and worked a treat, thank you so much Juan. Do you have any tip jar for a coffee or something? Really appreciate your help.

Is there a change log some where to know what has changed on the firmware?

Just so others know, I followed these steps on my Citroen C5 Aircross 2019:

1. Switched on the Engine
2. Let everything load up
3. Connected to the WiFi via Hotspot on my phone.
4. Inserted the USB, the screen popped up with a message saying "no media" for some reason.
5. I had to press the Sat Nav button under the touchscreen for it to come up with the update message.
6. I pressed "Yes" to update and it went through the firmware update, this took just under 30 minutes on my USB 3.2 stick.
7. After this finished it all restarted and offered the map updated
8. I pressed "Yes" to update the maps, selected "eur" and all themaps. It took well over an hour I would say. (Fortunately I was going on a long journey so it all got done in that time, but worth being aware).

That was that!

mattcbh

Post by mattcbh »

@Juan Sheet - thanks for your help with this, again. I managed (eventually!) to get updated to 44xx - after first doing to 42xx, losing maps which were bundled in with that, then doing 44xx and then maps 15 on top.

I work in IT and I'm by no means an authority on this upgrade process - but a couple of pointers for anyone that gets this far. Based on my experience with a 2019 C5 Aircross:
- There's no point getting a USB bigger than 32GB. You need to format the USB as FAT32 for the car, and the biggest FAT32 can do is 32GB.
- Don't even bother trying newer "fast" USBs, the car can't read them. I used SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 32GB (though, the first one I had gave me the "corrupt file" error in the car, must have been a dodgy sector).
- If you get to the point of the "update failed" message being stuck, and go down the route of disconnecting the battery, you might find the car won't start again even if you've followed the process in the handbook. I found someone in another forum that then left the car for an hour and it worked fine - same happened with me.

Happy updating!
Snak3zZ

Post by Snak3zZ »

mattcbh wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:20 pm - There's no point getting a USB bigger than 32GB. You need to format the USB as FAT32 for the car, and the biggest FAT32 can do is 32GB.
- Don't even bother trying newer "fast" USBs, the car can't read them. I used SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB 2.0 32GB (though, the first one I had gave me the "corrupt file" error in the car, must have been a dodgy sector).

Happy updating!
Just FYI, I bought a Kingston 64GB and it was pre formatted FAT32 and runs USB 3.2 and it worked fine.

Amazon Link - Click Here
Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk »

Hi all, wondering if anyone can help?

I bought a 2019 C3 over the weekend and I haven't had a car with Android Auto before.

I tried connecting my phone (Pixel 6) and annoyingly it worked the first time, was able to use navigation and apps and everything, but ever since then it's not worked at all.

Tried multiple cables, including a £15 official Google one, but no joy. I keep getting a message saying to connect my phone to the USB port, but obviously it is.

So far I've tried deleting and updating the Android Auto app on my phone, clearing the cache of the app and of the Google Play Services app, nothing working. Just keeps saying to connect the phone.

Someone suggested updating the firmware on my car touchscreen, which seemed easy enough except the update tool seems to be nowhere to be found on the Citroen website, despite the "My Citroen" app on my phone telling me there's a FW update available for the touch screen and telling me to download the update tool for PC from the website.

Any ideas how I might fix this and get Android Auto working? Thanks :)

EDIT: Just to add, I noticed there's a wireless adapter that would allow me to connect my phone wirelessly to use Google Maps etc. for around £40-50 on Amazon. Anyone use these? I'd reluctantly pay for that if it was guaranteed to work but I don't have much faith in Android Auto at this point!
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

@Alex79uk: Your issue is likely down to a combination of your phone software / and your head unit software / compatibility.

Send me a PM with your VIN or post it here and I'll provide the direct links from the server for your system.
Fab_sp

Post by Fab_sp »

First of all thank you for all the work for us who can't update. I read all the pages and noticed that someone had a similar problem to mine.
I quietly updated the map using the Citroen update app but I was unable to download the 21.08.87.32_NAC-r1 software due to "connection problems".

Could you link me the correct version for my car?

My VIN: VF7SXYHTUMT527753

Thanks
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

c4er

Post by c4er »

Hi @Juan Sheet - I have just bought a C4 and am also getting the error when trying to download the "software of the touch screen" in the Citroen Update program.

Are you able to kindly assist me with a link to the download?

My Citroen phone app has identified I need 15.0.0-r0 of the Maps, and 44.07.05.22_NAC-ro of the operating system, if that helps?
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

I'll need a VIN to provide a link and determine whether you need a licence file.
Staale_a

Post by Staale_a »

Hi. Juan. I have read the post, and im also struggling with updating the touch screen software.

Could you provide me with the correct download?

Skjermbilde 2024-01-28 144511.png

Skjermbilde 2024-01-28 144223.png

Skjermbilde 2024-01-28 143521.png