Aircross C3 touchscreen

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Batman

Post by Batman »

How can I replace the touch screen and is it an easy job

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

It's not difficult. You first need to remove the 2 end plastic trim pieces at either end of the Touchscreen:

MFD Clip.jpg

Then you can see the screws (2 either side) that hold the screen in place. Remove these (and make sure you use a good magnetic holder or they will drop into the dash never to be seen again!)

Once you have removed the screws, the screen is still held in place by 2 metal clips either side. Gently pivot the screen forward toward you from the top and gently release the clips. Be careful not to pull too hard as there are 3 cable connectors behind.

MFD Left Trim Clip.jpg

The photo below shows you how to remove the small plastic tabs in order to release the connectors.

It is essential that you disconnect the vehicle battery (see my last paragraph) before disconnecting anything. When you come to disconnect the connectors at the rear of the touchscreen, always disconnect the swing arm connector first, and reconnect it last!

The 2 at the bottom have small tabs - release in the direction of the green arrows and carefully remove the connectors. The top connector has a roll-over swing arm release. As you swing the arm over it will disengage the connection.

Rear of MFD C.jpg

If you are replacing the screen due to a fault, it is essential you replace it with the correct screen as they are NOT all the same. Ideally match the part number with that on the label. In my last picture above, to the left, you can see the label on the back of the screen and the part number is across the top, which in my case is "98291383XU".

There shouldn't be any configuration needed, but essential you disconnect the battery negative (or if hard to get to, the positive) - but make sure you totally isolate the cable to prevent it touching anything that will cause a short. The Head unit continues to be powered with ignition off and you do not want to cause any damage.
Batman

Post by Batman »

Thanks for the brilliant reply.All I need to do now is find out where to get one from
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Just 'Google' the part number with no other text or spaces as a search. You will see plenty of options for used units. Of course you can obtain a new one from Citroen direct which are from about £670 to £890 new depending on version / Telematics system and vehicle options.
IrregularChoice21

Post by IrregularChoice21 »

We have removed but cannot access the cracked screen to replace. Any ideas?
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

You cannot replace the actual screen surface alone. By touchscreen we are talking about the complete screen module.

In future I suggest you use a screen protector which are available form some companies that make screen protectors for tablets and mobile phones. This will offer some additional scratch and damage protection.