Leak

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

Hi,

Yes I did resolve it in the end. So the water usually will be getting in through the seal, however it is somewhat designed to do that anyway as there are drain off valves in each front corner of the sunroof under the seal.
The problem will either be the drain off valves are blocked, which you can test easily by pouring water down them, and if the water free flows out under the front passenger or driver wheel arch (depending on which side is leaking) if it’s slow to come out or doesn’t come out at all they are probably blocked full of crap! It’s easy to unblock them though, I just used a reel of strimmer wire and shoved it down the holes until I was happy there was no blockage.
The other potential issue that I came across was if the drain off valves aren’t blocked then the water coming through the sunroof seal is displacing and filling the area behind where the drain offs are situated. This is where the bug screen is, and where the springs are that attach to the screen there are a number of holes that lead directly into the headliner and from there the water can flow down into the passenger footwell via the inside of the windscreen pillars. I actually checked after heavy rain and could see the water had been building up there. To rectify this I came up with my own fix that worked. Basically I removed the bug screen, under there is hollow plastic with loads and loads of holes into the headliner. I used masking tape under the headliner where these holes are and then filled the void above with black silicon sealant until the whole thing was full. Before I filled with the sealant I drilled a small hole in the corner adjacent to where the drain off valve is for and then inserted a small plastic tube for the water to drain out of that area and down into the drain off valves. Once it was filled with silicon and compressed down it sealed up any potential leak areas.

Since doing that I’ve not had any leaks, and I live in the south west where we get nothing but storms all winter so I’m confident I’ve fixed the issue as it’s been a few months now.
2019 C5 Aircross 2.0 Diesel Flair Plus

Chappers2000

Post by Chappers2000 »

Hi all, just bought a C5 aircross and have the puddles in the passenger footwell. I need to check for the 45 degree chamfer but how does the exterior A-pillar trim cover off? Fits it just pull off or slide upwards or something else?
robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

I didn’t take mine off in the end. Do you have a sunroof? If so I’ll guarantee it’s that
Chappers2000

Post by Chappers2000 »

Thanks Rob. Yes I do have a sunroof so I’ll check the drains etc. for that first.
Feyenoorder

Post by Feyenoorder »

Same issue in my 2019 C5 Aircross. Been to 2 different garages but fault not been resolved.

Using my wife's hairdryer for fun to dry my car out after heavy rain!

IMG20240229064449.jpg

Shareboy

Post by Shareboy »

Hi guys. I have the exact same issue. I have sunroof but the springs for the bug screen seems to be bone dry and the drains are working. Anyone have their issue resolved?

Any help greatly appreciated
robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

Feyenoorder wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:21 pm Same issue in my 2019 C5 Aircross. Been to 2 different garages but fault not been resolved.

Using my wife's hairdryer for fun to dry my car out after heavy rain!
Get yourself a titan wet / dry vac from Screwfix!
robkenyon

Post by robkenyon »

Shareboy wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 7:46 pm Hi guys. I have the exact same issue. I have sunroof but the springs for the bug screen seems to be bone dry and the drains are working. Anyone have their issue resolved?

Any help greatly appreciated
There are so many areas in the sunroof plastics where water can get it. If you lift off the bug screen it’s all holes under there, there are holes around the springs, so if water is getting past the seals it could be any one of those areas