Rear Electric Windows do not go up

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
RosieG

Post by RosieG »

How did you get the photo on your text I've been trying but it won't let me select a photo?

Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Ummm...
Below text box, attachments, add files, select the jpeg. Perhaps it won't do ones that are over a certain size.?
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Are you watching the status bar on the right or are you clicking post before it has finished uploading the picture? You have to wait till it has finished before clicking on submit.
Or won't it let you select one at all? What are you using? Computer, software, phone?
RosieG

Post by RosieG »

I'm using my Samsung phone. I can see the bar with bold italics etc then there's the photo icon which I've tried selecting and all it does is type IMG in brackets but doesnt let me choose anything. I wonder if I need to use a computer/laptop to be able to do it. :?:
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

No, don't do it that way, that's something else. Go to Full Editor & Preview, Attachments (option button showing below text box), Add Files, and select through that way.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Here. This is a samsung so should be the same.

Screenshot_20180616-114236.png

RosieG

Post by RosieG »

Got it, thank you!
DavidZ

Post by DavidZ »

Hmmmm. Thanks all. Great help. Talked to local dealer again and still waiting for a reply from Citroen...meanwhile I left the rear windows open again last Friday after work 😢.
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

I guess it would take some getting used to if your last car had windows that automatically closed. Let us know what Citroen say.
DavidZ

Post by DavidZ »

So, just to keep you all updated these are the replies I got from Citroen......

We have received a reply regarding the issue with the one touch rear electric windows and this is the word by word reply:-

"I just received the answer from the product manager. Actually, the anti-pinch function is not available for rear windows because of the shape of the door. As a security measure, the automatic function UP has been deactivated.
Because it’s a safety measure, we can’t change it."

This is in line with the current vehicles we have in stock and others that have been delivered, which do not have the function also.

This is my reply:
All I can say is the this is feeble. I did not realise that the UK cars have a differently shaped door since this is advertised in their brochure.

I would expect to have some compensation for the lack of this anti pinch option since electric windows are advertised with anti pinch function. It has been confirmed that both the one-touch raise and anti pinch functions are missing.

This is their (expected reply)....Small Print matters!!
Please understand that if the manufacturer has deemed it to be a safety issue for the vehicle not to has this functionality, with the disclaimer that is on the last page of the UK brochure or any brochure you download, they reserve the right to modify the specifications. This can be found on the inside of the last page.

Conclusion: I would have expected a better engineering solution than this from Citroen...and also a better response.