Rear Electric Windows do not go up

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
DavidZ

Post by DavidZ »

Hi All wonder if you can help me.

I noticed that the rear electric windows on my new aircross do not go up automatically when I pull up the switch FULLY (i.e. I can feel the second click), and both from the front driver controls and from the rear. I.e. I have to hold the switch in this Up position until the window goes up fully. The down function is OK.

Tried programming it according to manual but no luck. from all switches with engine off or on.

Not a big deal but I have since returned to the car finding the rear windows open after a whole day parked somewhere or other. Thankfully no one took anything or no cats jumped in yet. I am used to just clicking up all windows before leaving the car to ensure all are closed but if the rear windows are down I am only partly closing them leaving the car unattended and with windows open.

My issue is that if the switches have this double-click feel then I should get the two functions. Manual up/down on first click and auto up/down on second click.

The fact that there is no auto wind up from the key fob is no help neither.

Been to the dealer and he checked other Aircrosss in the showroom and said they are all like this (feel and flair). Checked the C3 hatchback and it worked in that. Seems like a software bug? or is this their definition of anti-pinch?

Had to insist that dealer contacts Citroen head office...no reply as yet.

We might have to team up on this one if Citroen don't admit .......

Jay R

Post by Jay R »

Manual and marketing I saw never claimed anti pinch and one click open and close for the rear windows. Only that they are electric.

Doubt you'd have much luck in persuading Citroen to refit all their cars with an option that they never claimed to have. You probably aren't just talking about a software update here, it would be fitting sensors and switches and stuff...

The rear switches are 2 position because it's cheaper and easier to have all 4 the same rather than having 2 different types of switch on the production line.
Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.
RosieG

Post by RosieG »

I've read somewhere it was a safety device in case children were in the back and stuck their arms or heads out. It is supposed to prevent limbs being accidentally sandwiched by going up incrementally rather than one action. 🙈
DavidZ

Post by DavidZ »

Cheaper having 2 position switch is misleading since response in not expected.....
DavidZ

Post by DavidZ »

So C3 owners have no children?
RosieG

Post by RosieG »

Haha good one :D :D
DavidZ

Post by DavidZ »

So anyways...are all aircross cars this way?
RosieG

Post by RosieG »

The brochure says Feel and Flair have one touch with anti-pinch, front and rear windows.
DavidZ

Post by DavidZ »

Can you send a copy or link where it says one touch please
Jay R

Post by Jay R »

I just had a look and the new brochure does indeed say one touch front and rear. Apologies DavidZ.

This isn't the same as my older brochure. Perhaps they decided to start doing them recently and updated the literature.

Capture.JPG

Orange 110bhp Feel with City and Family packs.