FUSES in the passengers side C3 Aircross

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
poppypicanto

Post by poppypicanto »

Ok.....just a quick post so hoping to help someone at some stage who is here pulling there golden-locks out trying to replace a blown fuse.

Passenger side for us 'UK people right hand drive' cars has the main fuse box on the passenger side.........ie: all in that lovely glove box

yes, in the glove box you will see a TINY little flap that when removed reveals a TINY hole, in which you need child-like hands to work miracles

OK so fuses F12 to F32 you can JUST ABOUT reach through the flap if you are very very patient
but fuses F1 to F9 ( which are for things like rear wiper / rear 12v socket ) all sit on a row higher up, which actually appear to be INSANELY high up in the dash.

So you have to remove 3 x T20 screws then YANK at the glovebox pulling downwards.

I say the words YANK, as in a careful-yank-down as 3 to 4 support clips & brackets are in the inside holding it all together; and they release.

Then, you've created yourself a nice bit of 'working space' to create more miracles replacing anything that has blow.

For me - my target was the rear 12v socket fuse number F7 ( 10amp ) because I stupidly plugged in a dodgy gadget

I did it ok in the end, but was only only possible by pulling that glove box down ( releasing it from the housing ) with the 3 x T20 screws

Putting the thing back together was HARDER, as you then have to "push upwards" to make all those clips and brackets match & meet again for it all to go back tohgether again ( and not look wonky )....and finally replacing those 3 x T20 screws.

Tip! when putting it all back together, make sure the LEFT side is back first ( tight and snug as possible ) before then pushing hard on the right side to bring it all back to closeure !!!

____
Obviously whilst your pulling out for old fuse, and sticking in a new one you need to be careful, as other french wires and various connectors are happily looking at you ready to get in the way .

GOOD LUCK !!!!

I'm trying to upload some images of the fuse board, so you can kinda-see what fuse serve what ( eg: F7 fuses is the rear 12v socket for gadgets ) & and (F32 fuse is for the front 12v socket)

Screenshot_20220810-145145_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220810-143320_Samsung Internet (1).jpg

Screenshot_20220810-144130_Samsung Internet.jpg

Airtool

Post by Airtool »

Thank you very handy, just hope my days of messing with fuses are over but like you found out you never know.
C3 Aircross Flair 110bhp 2020 grey