Adjusting the colour of the ambient lighting

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Designator

Post by Designator »

On page 63 of the C5 Aircross Hybrid manual it says "Interior ambient lighting
Switching on/off, as well as adjusting the brightness and choosing a colour are carried out using the Driving / Vehicle menu of the touch screen." All I can find in that menu is the option to increase the screen brightness. Has anyone managed to find the colour adjustment option?

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Press the 'Car' icon (the hard button on the bottom row) of the touchscreen.

There will be 2 menus shown along the bottom of the next screen: 1) Driving Functions and 2) Vehicle Settings.

Go into Vehicle settings and you'll see 'Headlights' 'Comfort', 'Safety' & 'Parking' buttons. I think it will be in the 'Comfort' section somewhere:

comfort.PNG

Designator

Post by Designator »

IMG20220812103809.jpg

Hi Juan thanks for your suggestion but unfortunately that didn't work. Selecting"Comfort" then "adjust mood lighting" just gives me the option to adjust the brightness. Hey ho, bit disappointing.

IMG20220812103815.jpg

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Ok, so have a look at this video and from time index 0:29 it shows the menu to change the colour of the ambience lighting:

Designator

Post by Designator »

Thanks Juan, unfortunately that doesn't work. Selecting the settings gearwheel from the Aircon screen takes me to the profiles screen.

IMG20220815201153.jpg

peter m

Post by peter m »

On my C5 aircross the only colour you can change is the colour of the touch screen and instrument screen choice of 3 colour ambience red , blue or brown. The foot well lighting you can only adjust brightness.
C5 aircross 1.2 c series EAT8 grey with black wheels.
jaycr123

Post by jaycr123 »

I have a new 1.2 Shine Plus and I don't have any of these options. Under Comfort Settings I only have one item which is something about turning on rear wiper when reversing. Nothing else! The menu above shows 5 different settings, mood lighting etc. but I have none of these. I feel like I've been short changed now 🤔 Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance.
srperry

Post by srperry »

Designator wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:23 pm Thanks Juan, unfortunately that doesn't work. Selecting the settings gearwheel from the Aircon screen takes me to the profiles screen.IMG20220815201153.jpg
You need to follow Juan's instructions. He didn't say press the gear button on the Aircon screen, he said press the physical button below the screen with a car on it, then follow his instructions.
Was C5 Aircross PureTech 130 S&S Flair, Tijuca Blue/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Now C5 Aircross Pureteh EAT8 S/S Shine+ Cumulus Grey/Black Roof, Metropolitan Grey ambience
Designator

Post by Designator »

Erm, well I've watched the video again and I think it goes like this; three fingers to open the first screen, then select the air con option, then touch the gear wheel icon. Actually I think this is just one more option that doesn't exist on the hybrid version. Of course it would be helpful if the on-line manual was specific to the car model and not just generic. Even more helpful if the manual was on paper! I think for a car that costs North of£30000 it's a bit meant to not provide an actual manual.
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Where would you put it? The gloveboxes are so small now there's no room! :D

It's all to do with money saving. The old manuals were about £40-50 a pop back in the day ( I remember ordering one for my XM), now though, they provide them to be accessed online or as a downloadable PDF or to be consulted from a smartphone or tablet, where you can search the content far more easily and zoom in.