Apple car paly volume / satnav volume

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
Deleted User 348

Post by Deleted User 348 »

Hi All,
I've had my C5 just over 3 years now, while pleased with it there is one annoyance, I have that appears to be more noticeable since screens last update.
I have a built in satnav on the touch screen.
You can change the volume of the radio and satnav independently.
If however, I'm using the satnav and have my iphone plugged in the volume of Siri and music is extremely low.
I have Siris voice set to 100% and volume of phone at 100%
The trouble is then if I turn up announcement volume to get Siri and music volume rom phone loud enough to enjoy the satnav then blasts out.
For the life of me I've tried to find if there is a separate volume control or setting when using car play but cannot find one.
Yes, I could you phone as satnav, but I like to use the drivers display for navigation when I'm using it and then the album art etc on centre display.

Anyone a solution or is it just one of the lack of design with this system.
I know the Honda I had before you could adjust separately and that was a flawed system!

Many Thanks.

Len

Beanee687

Post by Beanee687 »

Not sure if it will help and Yiu may already know this.
When the radio or the tape is playing the volume knob or steering wheel controls alter the volume.
When the inbuilt sat nav speaks the radio volume knob or steering wheel control the sat nav volume.
When my mobile phone rings and I answer it the radio volume knob or steering wheel controls alter the volume.
2020 C3 Aircross Flair.
2023 C3 Aircross Shine+ 130 BHP EAT6.
Pepper red with red roof and black mirrors & roof bars
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

Yes all correct ^ you need to be using the source and then adjust the volume. Some sound sources can be adjusted, like the sat nav voice from the relevant settings screen and the telephone ring tone, but otherwise as Beanee has mentioned.