New C3 Aircross settings not saving.?

Faults and Technical chat for the Citroen Aircross
TorbayC3A

Post by TorbayC3A »

Just wondering if there are any on here with new models that don't have this issue? Hopefully there are in which case you can use them as proof it's not normal and they won't be able to fob you off. Hope you get satisfaction.
2018 C3 Aircross Flair, Petrol, EAT6.

Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

That's a good idea, however, you'll also need to know the type of Head Unit the owner has, as the issue may be prevalent on models with certain Head units:

RD6 DAB Radio (Audio system)
RCC (Audio system - Touch telematics - Multimedia - Telephone - Bluetooth)
NAC (Audio system - Touch telematics - Multimedia - Telephone - Navigation - Bluetooth)
putlog

Post by putlog »

hi , I have a 22 shine plus c3 aircross and I do NOT have the same problem as you (touch wood). Whatever i have the the aircon setting on when I turn off the car is what it will be next time.
OLDDJ

Post by OLDDJ »

I have a shine plus c3 aircross 2022 face lift model.
And mine does exactly the same.
It is the most annoying thing as you have to reset the controls every time you get in the car.
I was told in April that this was a fault and that it would get sorted along with a few other customers cars which had reported the same issue.
Now in August 2022 they are back peddling on this and saying that it's normal operation parameters.
It is an absolute disgrace especially as this car is the 15th vehicle we have had from the same dealer.
I'm at a loss no body wants to know

Post by 19766809 »

Hi I'm having exactly the same issues. I was in the process of getting the vehicle rejected

Now Citreon have done an U-turn and said the temperature re-setting to 21°C Auto full is by factory design, (total Bull)

Would it be ok if I copy your message to send to the financial company as proof
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

That's interesting that you've been told that specifically, as in previous vehicles, that is the recommended setting as per the owner's manual like the C5 X7 where they state 21 as the most comfortable driving temperature....

We shall see, but it does sound ludicrous if true as it is not one size fits all when it comes to driving a vehicle!
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

For what it's worth... in our C4 Shine Plus, the temperature controls remain as were before the engine was switched off.
I believe its a NAC system.
The constant re-set to 21 sounds like a fob off to me too.
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

@BusybeasC5A: I think it's important to stick to the facelifted C3 Aircross for the moment, as this issue presently seems confined to this model and not the C4. :) We also know there are no problems with A/C memory settings not being retained on the original C3 Aircross either. This only seems to be affecting the facelifted C3 AIrcross.
BusybeasC5A

Post by BusybeasC5A »

;) Understood, my apologies
NOW 2023 C4X Shine 130 1.2 Petrol EAT8 in Perla Nera Black
WAS 2021 C4 Shine Plus 130 HDI BLUE EAT 8 in Elixir Red
WAS 2020 C5 Aircross 130HDi BLUE EAT 8 Flair Plus in Platinum Grey
WAS 2016 DS4 EAT6 Blue Hdi
Juan Sheet

Post by Juan Sheet »

No worries - I think we're just trying to build up a pattern / picture here and hopefully others will chip in who have the same issue on their new C3 Aircross models. It's quite bizarre that if this is true and that they have defaulted all the climate settings to these presets each time the car is started, then it will be the first car ever that I have known with this.

After all, just imagine if some 2 year old 'engineer' decided it was a good idea to reset all the electric seat height adjustments, electric mirrors and retune your radio etc each time you started the car ..... whatever next. It makes no sense whatsoever and a complete inconvenience to the driver and passengers who will have their own defaults. I just can't accept this at all.